Saturday, June 13, 2020

Day 13

My recent trip to Venus.

Dionaea muscipula
Dionaea muscipula

Dionaea muscipula

Here are more snaps from my recent trip to Venus. To my surprise the Venusian government was pretty lax about covid. Naturally, the administrators of our sister planet are etymologically concerned with the pervasiveness of venereal disease their planet, bathe in sisterly sulfuric clouds, but they tell me covid-19 is not a thing there, so tourists may peregrinate joyously without need of PPE, or, as I have heard about other jurisdictions, a tracking device which could easily record the intrepid traveler's oh-so innocent meanderings from one palatial house of ill repute to another, as Venus does have her charms.

3 comments:

  1. :-))))

    i would tell you how much i laugh, if - IF i weren't swept off my feet by these amazing photos, what on earth, sorry, on Venus, is that black sea engulfing everything?!! (black sea, ha, more ethereal geography here :-)

    now i can recognize the plant!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as it turns out, Venus is replete with peat moss bogs...and wet peat is pretty darn black!

      Delete
  2. from one palatial house of ill repute to another, as Venus does have her charms

    haha, i am dead, sooo laughing :-)))

    ReplyDelete

Speak loudly: I'm a little deaf

Featured Post

Rain Lily

Last week, in early June, in the midst of a pandemic, it rained hospitably. The 'rain lilies' responded. My editor, always keen to f...