Sunday, October 11, 2020

I've perfected my vaccine

 


Gee, I don't know what to say (the calico, found in the alley behind my trailer, got my tongue; nevertheless, I have been busy in the laboratory and have perfected my covid-19 vaccine, which I am quite proud of, even though I don't like the idea of injections, as the notion makes me queasy and prone to bouts of depression.) [Too many commas, too much serum. Ed.]

The vaccine is 100% effective though has been known to cause skin rashes, which is why I've cornered the market on Calamine. 

If you are interested in getting a shot, I can be persuaded to let you have as many as you need (some families are incongruously large) for a small fee.  Just dial 1-800-vacccine on your device and it's job done. 

Meanwhile, here's what's happening in the garden...


Highbush blueberry (from seed, sown during the last ice age).



Sarracenia seedlings.


And during a period of somnambulism, lasting for months, I almost tripped over this yellow beauty.










6 comments:

  1. ahahahahah

    i hadn't seen this!!!

    i am sooo happy, i can't tell you how happy i am. i have felt alone in the garden, even if the delightful comics have kept me company during the whole time!
    (did i tell you the story of my big associate professor exam, when i opened the laptop for my power point presentation and there it was, projected on the big screen, your Gft comic? :-))) i must tell you, everybody warmed up to it - to me - instantly, oh how cute, giggle etc., and i felt instantly i had the promotion in my pocket :-)

    what is this yellow beauty, then?
    in how many decades will the berries start to show?

    do the sarracenia seedlings have dry leaves?

    (i am desperately dialing 1-800-vacccine, hello, hello)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky your adjudicators did not recommend a prison sentence rather than a promotion: "This woman, as lovely as she is, seems to be a lunatic", was heard from a stony-faced juror's lips--lips of marble, they were.

    what is this yellow beauty, then? Dunno. I find bulbous flowers are difficult to identify in a dream-like state.

    do the sarracenia seedlings have dry leaves? Yes. This is largely due to neglect. I like plants that can withstand abuse, spotty watering regimes, and the occasional hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is this yellow beauty, then? Dunno.

    but you must have planted the bulbs there, no? or is this what weeds look like on the magic island?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being such a color whore, I saw these yellow gems by the roadside one day and, as chance would have it, happened to have a spade with me. I know, it's a dreary story for such a magical island, of which, parenthetically, I am the self proclaimed ruler: cruel but fair--and surrounded by all things yellow, gold, and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. citron zephyrlily!!!

    a divine name too!

    Zephyranthes citrina Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good sleuthing. I should have known! Another darned Zephyranthes. Is there such a thing as too much of a good thing? No.

      Delete

Speak loudly: I'm a little deaf

Featured Post

Rain Lily

Last week, in early June, in the midst of a pandemic, it rained hospitably. The 'rain lilies' responded. My editor, always keen to f...